love

love
my little sis & I

24 February 2010

Seasons Change

So I woke up thinking it was around 11:00 and that I missed class. Turns out it was 7:45 a.m. I got up and continued to doodle on my Jennell Ujima sketch then got out of bed put a hoodie on (nasty, I know) then proceeded to go to the dining hall to get brekkie. I had eggs, sausage, bacon, waffles and a bit of oatmeal (nasty, I know) so after I was done with my little breakfast buffet I went back to take a shower. I shaved my pits which I dont do so often (nasty, I know) finished showering and got dressed. I then landed myself in my 9:40 macroecomomics lecture which is where I am now. All the while I was feeling some kinda way (as usual) Corinne Bailey Rae's song seasons change was stuck in my head...."Patience is a virtue, and life is a waiting game, peace must be nurtured, and all the money in the world can't buy you nothing.....all these things happen for a reason, don't you go and throw it all away...when the seasons change" ....This is how I've been feeling lately it's good but scary. Sometimes change is scary, you wanna do it right and not be lazy about it. My levels of complacency tend to shift. Sometimes I can be happy with my life, waking up soooo thankul everyday, just as bubbly as ever. Other times I want more. Right now I want to grow.
Stretching my limbs to the rising spring sun....i know seasons are changing
Jennell Ujima





p.s. without you- I dont feel like Im a religious person, definitely not as much as I used to be and I am definitely not a holy roller but although I sometimes deny it I owe all the honour and praises to God...this song just reminds me to stay grateful and humble and not to forget that I am here for a higher puropse.

No comments:

Post a Comment