love

love
my little sis & I

04 January 2010

an old and basically insignifcant even i thought i would still talk about...meeting run

i know nothing about run dmc except for the fact that they created "walk this way", wore "my adidias" and had three group members. I still was fortunate enought to have a run in with DMC from the group (no pun inteneded,really...lol im lame)






it was April of last year and I was in a formal meeting for something...I think it was some type of awards ceremony my then-boyfriend and I attended. We were all done recieving our honors (this was Suffolk Community College in selden) and I saw a poster about how DMC was going to be there speaking about youth and rap these days. plus i think he has a book out. we were already missing class on our home campus and this event was practically over. I wanted to take a peek at his speech but it wasnt really right to go back and forth.






We later found out that there was a lunch reception and meet and greet for him in the same room we were in so we stayed. I went to the car to get my camera. My ex called me a groupie but I called it a nice photo-op...like I said I didnt even know DMC but my parents did so I said hello and got a picture. I am sure it was a good time for our student ambassadors who organized the event. I was really involved in my campus and recieved the Get There From Here scholarship :) (love my fellow scholars) but I really cant remember what we were there for that day -__- anyway if u care here are some pics:

P.S. this blog is also about natural hair...notice the slight difference in my fro in April after the big chop (TWA lol) and in December (with the bang) :) so hype lol

Cherish The Memories- JennellUjima























No comments:

Post a Comment